Thursday 6 October 2011

All Systems…Go?

Can it be true?? The donor passed her medical? We have a bed on Fox Ward? 
We received confirmation today via the lovely Helen who works in the BMT department that the donor passed her medical with flying colours.  We have a confirmed bed space on Fox Ward at GOSH and we are to be there for admitting no later than 0900hrs on Monday morning.  On Monday, Miya will have a sample of nasal fluid taken (the polite term for “snot”) and it will be tested for the cold and flu viruses.  The results should hopefully be in Monday night, but most likely Tuesday morning.  If Miya is carrying a cold or flu virus, we will be sent home and the transplant will be delayed yet again. (Picture me with my grumpy face on.)

We are taking our dog to the dog-sitter’s in the morning. He’ll stay with them until our discharge.  Poor Mr. V. 

Tomorrow will be ERT no. 30 and our final trip to Kingfisher ward (I hope).  Miya will continue to receive ERTs on Fox ward until her donor cells engraft and she begins to produce her own enzyme. 
Apparently, there have been small amendments to the protocol, and we will be advised of these changes on Monday during our admission process.  As far as I’m aware, chemo will begin on Tuesday the 11th of October and Miya will receive her donor cells on Wednesday, the 19th of October.  The donor’s marrow will be harvested in Germany on Tuesday the 18th of October and air lifted to London. Miya will receive her new cells on Wednesday, the 19th of October, two days before my 32nd birthday.  What a fantastic birthday present to receive…my daughter’s life. 

Please think of my family, faithful readers, as we travel to London early tomorrow morning, and again early Monday morning.  I WILL be updating the blog with new information and a progress report as and when I can.  I am going to try and blog every 3 days or so, depending on if I have a spare moment. 
IMAG0470
IMAG0458

No comments:

Post a Comment