Monday 5 September 2011

I'll Take A Large Double Double With Milk & A Snack Pack Of Timbits

Nothing much to report from the Hulse household.  I had my  lump checked out at the Breast Clinic in Bath and was told that the breast tissue felt normal (whew, big sigh of relief). An ultrasound is going to be performed at a later date, just for the sake of completion, but I'm confident everything will be fine.

Miya and I have had HORRIBLE colds. Miya is not a cuddly child, so I knew she was sick when she wanted to cuddle between us in bed last Thursday and Friday night until she fell asleep.

This Friday at our regular ERT, we are meeting with Helen, the BMT nurse, to go over Miya's chemotherapy protocols.  We start Itraconozole AGAIN this Saturday. (Itraconozole is an anti-fungal medicine that is given daily one calendar month prior to transplant to kill any fungal infections that Miya might have.) She'll get 5.5ml per day and it tastes like shit.

Miya took her first unassisted steps on Kingfisher Ward last Friday. She hasn't done it since; she just wobbles around like a drunk when I try to get her to walk unsupported. 

We also have some potential good news on the accommodation front. It is possible that Chris may be able to stay at Wellington Barracks in London for the duration of the BMT.  It would cost us very little (if anything) and it is only a 15 minute walk from the hospital, close to Buckingham Palace.  I'm hoping to find out more this week. 

As for me, I am missing Tim Horton's, Wal Mart, repeats of The Red Green Show, and the old music from Hockey Night In Canada. I also miss old reruns of Degrassi Junior High and Trailer Park Boys. If anyone should have a box of Canadian cultural classics, mixed with a friendly smile and some of those squee-gee things from gas stations (non-existant in this country...imagine wanting to clean your windshield at a gas station!!) please send them my way.  I'd also like a box of Ganong Cherry Chocolates, some Hershey Kisses, and a snack pack of Timbits. And a Large Double Double with milk. Oooo! And how about some Baxter's Chocolate Milk, eh?? Please?? Am I ever going to go home again??

No comments:

Post a Comment