Wednesday 17 August 2011

A New BMT Date

I received an email this morning from the BMT team who advised that the BMT has been delayed by two weeks.  The proposed dates were rejected by the donor's centre (for whatever reason) so we will be admitted on the 10th of October, chemo to begin on the 11th and the transplant day to be the 17th of October.

I will be spending my 32nd birthday in the hospital and it is a very real possibility that we will be spending Christmas/New Year in the hospital as well. I have asked about Christmas presents and have been told as long as the things we get her are new and in the original packaging she will be allowed gifts.  The ward make a great effort for families spending the holidays in the hospital. On the bright side, I won't need to cook Christmas dinner or decorate the house!!

The hospital staff have been excellent, and have provided Chris with whatever documentation he needs for work in order to get the time off work.  

I don't mind the two week delay. Miya's so active and awesome right now, I really enjoy spending time at home with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment